So, it’s about that time. It is the middle of your senior year in high school. All the buzz seems to be around college visits and sending out applications. However, you always seem to be a step behind and don’t really know what to do. Fortunately, this is your lucky day because we are going to give you a checklist of the top things you should be looking for when choosing a college. Make no mistake, a lot of people look to us as “experts in scholarships.” However, that doesn’t mean that we don’t know what we are talking about when it comes to college selections.
Looking For A College Checklist
There are a number of factors you need to take into account to choose the right college. We found that the best way to sum up these factors was to compile a checklist for you to go down. We did our best to make this as easy as possible so bear with us here.
- One of the most important factors when choosing a college is how you feel at that college. Sure, the college may look great in brochures but in order to really know what it is like you need to take a visit to it.
- Affordability is very important as well. As you have probably realized, colleges within your home state costs significantly less than out of state colleges. Of course, if you really want to go to a top college outside of your state then we suggest looking for financial aid or scholarship opportunities. Luckily, this is the right site for that just take a look around and you will surely find a scholarship worth applying for.
- Talk to some of the students during your college visit. There is nothing better than firsthand experience. You may come to find that the college was better than you thought.
- Some colleges have a real strong following and diehard school spirit. This can be a turn-on for some high school students but it can be a turnoff for others. Learn about how intense the school spirit is within that college so you can know exactly what to expect.
- What is the tutoring staff like at your new college? What is the library and bookstore like? These are all important things to know because chances are you will be paying a visit to the library or tutoring center at least once in your college career.
- The quality of professors of the college is one of the top things you should look at. We cannot tell you how many people went to a college that had a low quality of professors and they lived to regret it. We recommend visiting this site that rates each schools professors: Rate My Professors